PREP TIME 20 min
COOK TIME 90 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 25 minutes
For the pasta
- 300 gr flour
- 3 large eggs
For gluten free pasta
- 250 gr gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon xantan gum
- 3 eggs
For the filling:
- 200 gr ricotta cheese
- 100 gr cup pumpkin
- 50 gr cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large beetroot
- 100 gr white wine vinegar
- Parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- Cube butter
- Baby beetroot
- For the pasta:
- Working on a clean dry surface, put the flour in a mound and make a well in the center about 20 cm wide. Crack all of your eggs into the well.
- Use a fork to beat the eggs mixture; be careful not to break the sides of the flour and make a mess. I use my other hand to keep the sides intact.
- Once the mixture is not so runny, use your hands to bring it all together and get well combined, then, start kneading.
- Knead using the heel of your palm for about 5-10 minutes, texture should be smooth and elastic.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For the filling:
- While the dough is chilling, make the filling.
- Dice the pumpkin and fry in a pan for 10 minutes, allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Once the pumpkin is cool mash and add to the ricotta mixture, mix well. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a simmer.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide into 4 equal parts. Dust your work surface with flour in to receive the rolled dough.
- Using an electric or hand pasta machine, pass the dough through the 5 or 6 times until you achieve 1/8" thickness (you should be able to see your hand through it).
- Lay the dough out on your floured surface and brush half with some water.
- Spoon the filling 2 inches apart on the water washed half and gently fold over the other half of the dough. Trim edges and fold over again
- With your fingers gently press out air around each mound of filling and simply cut the anglotti
- Cook the beetroot in tin foil on 180 degrees till soft. Blend with the vinegar and season
- Add the anglotti to simmering water until they rise to the top, approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and place in a bowl with some butter
- Plate the ravioli in a bowl, dot some of the beetroot with a sppon or bottle.
- Garnish with the peashoots, parmesan and shave beetroot.